[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3 7.4] exception in EM when using a composer dependency to a third party package

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Aug 20 09:42:19 CEST 2015

Hi Helmut,

 > First of all, the extension manager of course cannot resolve
 > dependencies to composer packages. Because of that, you cannot just add
 > such a dependency to your composer.json of your extension, upload it via
 > EM end expect it to work.

the extension was installed using composer and all composer package
dependencies resolved, but as you mentioned, even in a composer only
environment you need to go to the EM in order to activate or configure
extensions (or run update scripts). I'm not talking about installing
extensions via EM, only activating etc.

And the extension itself worked just fine (all dependencies resolved),
until I cleared the system cache for other reasons. After that the EM
and, as I figured out later, the frontend where broken, because the
TYPO3 dependency manager tried to resolve a composer dependency as TYPO3
extension, which ofc failed in an exception. (that's at least what I
assumed from the Exception)

 > That said, there is still a thing which does not work currently and this
 > is activating an extensions, so that TYPO3 incudes all extension files
 > and sets up DB tables if needed.
 >
 > There are a few things missing here. First:
 >
 > https://review.typo3.org/#/c/42615/
 >
 > Which basically makes the PackageManagement ignore composer dependencies.
 >
 > And secondly, we need a way to write the package states file upon
 > composer install/update.
 >
 > Lastly, we need a way to activate an extension without influencing the
 > package states file.

I'm not sure if I can follow how this is related to my issue. These
changes are required for an automated installation process via composer
in order to not need the EM anymore, right?

PS: sorry for directly replying to you at first - clicked the wrong
button and didn't notice

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch