[TYPO3-dev] Error migrate image during upgrade TYPO3 from 4.5 to 6.2

Joerg Kummer service at enobe.de
Tue Aug 18 15:33:32 CEST 2015

It seems, you had permission problems for some files (maybe all files).

I run into nearly same problem, causing misspelled files with wrong utf8 chars (æøå..).

I got the message 'There are currently [n] magic images in the old directory', which update wizard could not fix (move) from old directory (/uploads) to new (/fileadmin/_migrated/RTE/).

Here a way, how to find this wrong files in your DB at table sys_refindex:

SELECT *
FROM sys_refindex
WHERE ref_string LIKE 'uploads/RTEmagicC_%'
ORDER BY ref_string ASC

The 'ref_string' should normally start with 'uploads/RTEmagicC_', but it depends on your CMS settings for the value:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['RTE_imageStorageDir']

If you find some wrong chars, you can try to change them in both DB and in filesystem.