[TYPO3-dev] Object-Structure filtered by child object's owner

DirkHo dirk_studivz at web.de
Wed Aug 12 11:56:09 CEST 2015

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your detailed answer.

 > as you have the user as source your query must start with him.
 > select all pages ehre the owner = current user
 > then you need to get the parents recursive:
 > while not root
 >  get parents of all pages on current level
 >  ascend level
 > endwhile

Hmm, that should be possible, but from my point this would be very
inefficient. I wouldn't need an ORM if I only can filter on the top
level. There's even another aspect I have to consider: I also have to
find matches the user did not bet for, yet and therefore I have to
check, where bettor not yet available, but I also have to respect, if
the current date is older than the last possible day a bet can be set
(which is saved for every match - match day does not work, because it
may be, that a match day is from 2015-02-12 - 2015-02-14, but a single
match is played in 2015-05-13, because of bad weather, or what so ever).

I also hoped this would be something that could be resolved using lazy

My main problem is, I cannot find that much to that "Query language" at
all. In my books are some really simple examples but also examples for
raw sql (which would also be a solution but not that nice, especially if
this ext should become available for everybody and then some experts use
Oracle, e.g.). I also would not have the Oject structure.

 > another solution would be to have the logic in the output, but as it
 > needs all data of the whole tree fluid might be to slow / memory >
hungry:
 > starting with the root:
 > for all childs:
 >   store page information of this level
 >   if current page has current user as owner:
 >     display all stored page informations (and clear them)
 >   else
 >     descend to childs
 >   endif
 > endfor

As you wrote this would not be an option, even if I think there will not
be hundreds of thousands using the extension but only at max. 4.000 - if
every of our member would use it. But even in that case it would be too
much and probably crash.

I'll try your first example mentioned over the week-end. I also posted
to the tt.extbase user group, where I got the Suggestion to post to
"slack" and ask my question. If I find a solution with their help that
fits my first expectations I'll give a response as well.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dirk