[TYPO3-dev] Importing content using TCEMain -Text encoding

Satish Maurya satish04mca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:02:43 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

One quick question, below code is working on Centos Linux server but on
production Debian server it does not work.
Could you please suggest something.

//---------------------
       require_once 'init.php';
$uid = 5;
$password = 'user123';
$data = array();
$data['fe_users'][$uid] = array(
'password' => $password
);
 $tce =
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance('TYPO3\\CMS\\Core\\DataHandling\\DataHandler');
$tce->stripslashes_values = 0;
$tce->start($data, array());
$tce->process_datamap();
//-----------------------------

After executing above code, password field in fe_users table does not
update.

Thanks in advance.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Jigal van Hemert <
jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 28-8-2014 14:16, Patrick Schriner wrote:
>
>> Just for the curious - I'm running it on 4.5 (while most of the issues
>> seem to be based on the new EM).
>>
> [...]
>
>> https://forge.typo3.org/issues/36754
>>
>> Seems fixed?
>>
> [...]
>
>> https://forge.typo3.org/issues/44991 is odd, but I'd guess it's fixed
>> (because the code doesn't have the "not implemented" comment any more)
>>

> The fact that it works in your 4.5 installation and that a few very
> specific issues with collations are solved doesn't make it a good advice :-)
> There can be more situations that might lead to this error (not many
> people use utf8_unicode_ci) and one of the many extensions out their might
> contain code to contain the error.
> For most people it's pretty hard to relate the error message with their DB
> settings.
> Under these circumstances I would stick to utf8_general_ci; if the sorting
> issue for a particular language is a problem you could take your chances
> and move to utf8_unicode_ci.
>
> --
> Jigal van Hemert
> TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor