[TYPO3-dev] TER goes cloud - call for beta testers

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Thu Sep 4 00:27:47 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-03 05:03, François Suter wrote:

>> Therefore, I have now set up a distribution inside the Amazon
>> CloudFront CDN for http://ter.typo3.org that uses the main typo3.org
>> repository as backend.
>
> Sounds good and much easier to maintain.

Awesome! Great decision :-)

I just changed this in a few of our Asia-Pacific instances (hosted in
Sydney and Singapore) - works perfectly fine and is much, much faster!

Do you use all edge locations or one of AWS' lower price classes?

>> I have also created a replacement mirrors.xml file, which some of you
>> hackers could try [...]

Looks good to me, too (tested with 4.7 and 6.2 instances). Fantastic
move!

Cheers
Michael