[TYPO3-dev] How to build a cache

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 28 12:16:37 CET 2014

Hi,

On 28/10/2014 10:43, Ramaraju Musku wrote:
> Hi I am new to typo3 I am using indexed search plugin for search feature
> it is taking some more time for fetching the result for same query
> string. For this I want to make it in a cache the search query to
> execute in data base. Is there any other process to build the cache
> results.

Indexed Search wasn't made to be fast; it was more about features than
about speed. The actual database query isn't always the cause for
slowness. The results of the query have to be processed which can take
quite some time.
In recent TYPO3 versions there is a system extension (a bit
experimental) which uses MySQL full text search features. This might
help a bit.

If your site is too large for indexed search you could take a look at
EXT:solr. This uses Apache Solr for indexing and searching. It scales
very well and integrates nicely in TYPO3.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!