[TYPO3-dev] How to set locale for backend?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Oct 27 12:57:58 CET 2014

Am 27.10.14 12:07, schrieb Charles Brunet:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your answers. However, this is not the point. I know how to
> use config.locale_all, 'fr_CA.utf8' is the right locale on my system, and I
> know how to use the format.date ViewHelper to handle localized dates. All
> of this works very well for frontend plugins.
>
> My question is: is there a way in TYPO3 to set _backend_ locale? IMHO, I
> shouldn't do it inside my extension, but there should be a configuration
> for this somewhere. However, I wasn't able to find it. I think there should
> be a global way to set this (apart from setting it in php.ini), and also
> per user. If really this doesn't exist, I will open a ticket.

I don't think there is a possibility yet.
as least not in a configuration way. you may insert some PHP in
localconf.php or AdditionalConfiguration.php but that is only hardcoded.
you may need an assignment from the available-BE-languages to the exact
locale string

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html