[TYPO3-dev] How to set locale for backend?

Charles Brunet charles.fmj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:29:16 CET 2014

Hello,

I wrote a backend module using extbase (TYPO3 6.2). I want to display
localized date. If my fliud template, I have:

<f:format.date format="%e %B %Y">{feuillet.date}</f:format.date>

However, the date always is written in English, whatever the backend
language is.

I temporary solved the problem putting

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'fr_CA.utf8');

in the initializeAction function of my controller, but this is more a hack
than a real solution.

What is the proper way to set the locale for the backend?

Thank you,

--
*Charles Brunet, B. Ing.*
Webmestre.