[TYPO3-dev] Can't change type of page in BE

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Oct 22 11:36:37 CEST 2014

Am 22.10.14 10:29, schrieb Olle Haerstedt:
> Hi!
>
> I managed to break something when I wanted to introduce a new page type
> and now I can't fix it. There's no error messages in the apache log,
> I've cleared the cache. Also no messages in the TYPO3 BE log.
>
> What I've done is extending the pages table with a new field,
> applicationid. I've also changed ext_tables.php to be able to choose a
> new page type. I've tried to revert to an older version of my extension
> without this problem
> being fixed.
>
> The symptom is this: When I edit an old page or create a new one,
> when I try to change page type to whatever I get this popup:
>
> "This change will affect which fields are available in the form.
> Would you like to save now in order to refresh the display?"
>
> It doesn't matter what I choose: when the display is refreshed, the page
> type is
> the old page type. So this field is not being saved. I can save and
> change other
> fields, though.
>
> Does anybody know why this is? Where to look for errors? Is there any
> log to
> hint about the problem?

Have you inserted the new field in your database table?
maybe you extended your (active) extension and cleared the cache. then
your new field is known to TCA but any writes to the table 'pages' which
include the new field will fail as mySQL does not know about the new
field.

do a compare database in the install-tool.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html