[TYPO3-dev] Change driver of a FAL file

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:57:28 CEST 2014

Op 12 okt. 2014 12:15 schreef "Philipp Gampe" <philipp.gampe at typo3.org>:

> Hi Frans,
>
> Frans Saris wrote:
>
> > IMO this works in 6.2. At least moving files between 2 local storage's.
> > It will create a local tmp file, adds this to the second storage and
> > deletes the file in the first storage.
> > Currently no different driver to test.
>
> Lol, imagine this with an editor moving a 4GB movie file from a remote
> storage to a local storage.

Your right.
Maybe you can have a look at it and fix it? Have a look at the
resourceStorage and the use of  $file->getForLocalProcessing();

Setting it to $file->getForLocalProcessing(FALSE); should prevent the copy
for local storages but I do not know if there are situations where this
will break stuff.

Gr. Frans