[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 and HHVM (HipHop)

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 9 17:52:04 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

Am experimenting with hhvm as it's supposed to be blazingly fast.
However, there seems to be something missing from my config at the
moment, as I'm not able to login on the backend and unable to get a
frontend.

Login screen is shown, but gives an error on login (password incorrect,
which isn't the case - maybe the RSA auth isn't compatible?).

When accessing the frontend I get this in the error log: Fatal error:
$this is null in
/www/test.nl/typo3_src-6.2.5/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Database/DatabaseConnection.php
on line 1708

The Install tool can be used and shows 5.6.99-hhvm as the PHP version.
Also accessing a test.php file with content phpinfo() gives 'HipHop' as
it should on a succesfull install of hhvm.

I have an Apache 2.2 config with FastCgi on Debian Wheezy configured
from the pre-built packages and help from
https://github.com/facebook/hhvm/wiki/FastCGI

Also running VirtualMin for the virtual hosts on this server, so perhaps
some config gets in the way?

Any clues?

Best,
Albert