[TYPO3-dev] Extbase / Best practice question

Bergische Webschmiede post at bergische-webschmiede.de
Tue Mar 4 16:54:02 CET 2014

Hi,

I plan an extension where I want to integrate a button into the TCA
form. This button should trigger a user function. The code for the TCA
will look something similar like:

'tx_example_button' => array (
        'exclude' => 0,
        'label' => 'LLL:EXT:example/locallang_db.xml:tx_example.button',
        'config' => array (
                'type' => 'user',
                'size' => '30',
                'userFunc' =>
'EXT:example/class.tx_example_tca.php:tx_example_tca->myOwnFunction',
                'parameters' => array(
                        'color' => 'orange'
                )
        )
),

Compare:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Columns/User/Index.html

Were do I have tp put the 'class.tx_example_tca.php' file nowadays? Is
it still the root directory of the extension?

Best regards
Stefan Padberg