[TYPO3-dev] parsing TSconfig in BE-module?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Mar 4 09:37:50 CET 2014

Am 03.03.14 16:47, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:
> Hi,
>
> "parsing TypoScript" is just that: Transforming our TS-syntax into a
> (merged) PHP array.
>
> What is done with the PHP array depends highly on the context. Some
> places in the core might use it simply as "configuration arrays" (which
> is the most common use in the backend and the Page and UserTS). The
> frontend content rendering (which you are referring to) uses the parsed
> TS from "sys_templates" to evaluate and process the contained content
> objects. Extensions might use the TS-array for other purposes.

I want :)
I might build up a very complex variety on configuration values, but
otherwise the possibilities of (FE-)TS are very mighty which I do not
want to rebuilt.

> If you need to really process content objects ("COA", "TEXT", etc) just
> like in the frontend, but in the backend, you will most probably need to
> simulate a "TSFE" object, create a ContentObject ("cObject") and pass
> the configuration array to it.

so far I did, but the result of the COA with two TEXT is just empty.
It seems I miss something.

> This is not something the TypoScript in the Backend is supposed to do,
> so expect things to be slow or you needing to setup so many
> preconditions that it turns out to be unmaintainable.

at the moment each exported page takes 4 to 15 seconds. so exporting 100
pages/~variants will take it's time anyway.

> Maybe you could share your final goal what you want to achieve with this
> to get some more input or ideas on how to do reach that.

I'm building a BE-module which should export (pseudo-)pages (something
like a PDF-export).
'till now I have managed to export pages with subtrees and in multiple
languages where an editor can select a page to start (with individual
tree depth)

Now I want to export some pages where for example news are displayed. so
I don't want a hardcoded configuration I thought about a possibility to
configure the export of variants of a page with additional
url-parameters which could be retrieved by looking up record-uids from
another page - or a combination. on other pages I need other record-uids
to vary the page content.
my attempt was to use page TSconfig to build up a list of uids/ URLs
which can be configured in the page where the plugins are located.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html