[TYPO3-dev] Frontend users management

Charles Brunet charles.fmj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:44:00 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to implement the different tasks for registering / login /
manage frontend users.
For the login / logout task, felogin does the task.
For the other forms, I'm using formhandler.

I figured out how to build a registration form with double opt-in. However,
there still are some details I didn't figure out. Could somebody point me
to the right direction / right documentation please?
More specifically:
- I saw that felogin calls a JS script from tx_rsaauth to encrypt the form
before sending it to the server. I guess I should use a similar mechanism
for the registration form, to ensure the password is not sent in plaintext.
However, I didn't found any documentation about that. How should I do it?
- How to a validate a password entered in a form? For example, I want to
build a change password form where the (logged) user should enter its
current password in side of the new password, to ensure the action is
legit.

Thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

--
*Charles Brunet, B. Ing.*
Webmestre.