[TYPO3-dev] default selected category when using makeCategorizable()

Sascha lsascha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:49:36 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

i hope someone might have a solution for this.

Is it somehow possible to have a default category selected when i create an object of my extension?

I use this in the ext_table.php

$tableName = 'tx_artikel_domain_model_artikel';
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::makeCategorizable(
    $_EXTKEY,
    $tableName,
    $fieldName = 'kategorie',
    $options = array()
);

My guess is i might need to add it somehow in the $options array. But how?
The category only needs to be already selected when the backend user creates a new element.

Thanks for any help.