[TYPO3-dev] Once again - the future of TYPO3 templating/grid approaches

Christoph Moeller info at network-publishing.de
Mon Jun 16 16:43:57 CEST 2014

Hi Joey, thanks for your reply.

> It's already happening and will be presented next Friday at the
> Developer Days:

Great - unfortunately won't make it to Eindhoven this weekend, but I'looking forward to slides/code/videos.

> Still you should try to live with the fact that Open Source with it's
> voluntary approach can't be controlled the same way as proprietary
> software produced by a company. So even with a stable common solution
> there might always be other solutions to choose from, which at the same
> time is an advantage and a problem of Open Source.

100% ack, but there's no easy and stable common solution at the moment.
As a good role model, take a look at how f.ex. the Apache foundation or other (of course bigger) open-source organizations take control in terms of code quality and adherence to the projects' eco-system goals (functional portfolio, ease of use, consistence, their incubation mechanism, etc.).

Cheers
Chris