[TYPO3-dev] gridelements and fluid

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jun 16 12:40:35 CEST 2014

> is there a way to pass all vars from gridelement flexform to fluid
> template? Including flexform sections.

Yes and no - since each value of both the record and the flexform will
be made available via cObj->data. Flexform values are prefixed with
flexform_. You will get even values of the parent element prefixed with
parentgrid_ so you can render children differently depending on parent
values. Additionally you will get vitual fields containing Arrrays with
children, prerendered columns and the like. The names of these fields
can be found in the TypoScript reference.

Currently there is no way to render sections, but there is a pending
feature request in the tracker. IMHO using sections in Gridelements
contradicts the goals we had, namely getting rid of XML in favor of
normalized relations, which is why we didn't implement it by default.

My personal opinion is: Instead of implementing the whole featureset of
TemplaVoila into Gridelements Flexforms again IMHO one could use the
original, since it is still available and does all that XML based stuff
quite good.

But since people are asking for it, this might be something we should
discuss at the developer days during the Gridelements workshop.

> Official documentation also only show examples based on Typoscript.

Official documenation has a kind of "hidden" feature. Take a look at the
default TypoScript code at the beginning of the TypoScript section.
There's a commented part that tells you how to render the whole
container based on FLUIDTEMPLATE.

Just put

cObject = FLUIDTEMPLATE

into your template and set the paths to your template accordingly.
Anything else will be done as usual with Fluid.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de