[TYPO3-dev] Execute the update script in Arcavias web shop extension automatically

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jun 13 16:14:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 13-6-2014 14:28, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> Is there a way to execute the update script provided by an extension
> automatically?

Not really. There is no script that is executed once after installation.

> We use the update script instead of the ext_tables.sql mechanism to
> create, update and migrate table structures and content. Unfortunately,
> this requires an additional action of the user and isn't most often done
> when someone installs the extension via the distribution.

That is quite dangerous. If you use the Install Tool and perform a
database compare the tables / columns of this extension will be
suggested for removal.

> Does anybody know something that might help in this case?

I'd do the addition of columns through ext_tables.sql and try to detect
the need to migrate in either a backend module that is necessary or via
some frontend triggered notification.
Then the integrator is warned to perform the update script.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!