[TYPO3-dev] Add pictures / files directly to sys_file table, ...

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Tue Jun 10 12:23:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

as Frans has stated - if you are using the normal tt_news plugin, that
does not connect to FAL.

So if you want to create old-school tt_news records with images/files
you need to place copies of the files in the uploads/ folders.
Just look at some existing manually created tt_news records and their
file locations and you will see how this works.

Otherwise you can in principle also use FAL with tt_news.

There is an extension called "dam_ttnews" which makes tt_news work with
DAM files/images instead of copies in uploads/pics.

You can take this code and rewrite the DAM part for displaying the
images and put in the FAL TCA backend code.

Then yoü have a "fal_ttnews", this works and is a solution if you want
to continue to use tt_news (because you have huge amounts of working
legacy features added to it that can't be transferred to tx_news) but
you still want to profit from FAL. Or if you were already using
dam_ttnews in TYPO3 4.x and want to migrate to 6.x/ DAM to FAL but don't
want to "downgrade" tt_news to old-school file management.

Best regards,

Christian