[TYPO3-dev] Adaptive & Responsive images resolution too low if in multi-column

Christian von Rohr cv at frontal.ch
Thu Jun 5 13:18:27 CEST 2014

Hi all

I use the src-set method of TYPO3 to implement adaptive images, which is working well.

Only problem I have is the following:

If I have multiple images horizontally side by side (Image Cols), the width is divided by the number of images.
In case of responsive sites, where in the mobile view the images are usually arranged among themselves and 100% width, the image resolution is too low.

From
∎ ∎
∎
∎

Is there a way, I could deactivate the whole „imageWidth = width / imagesCount“ – calculation?
Best would be, I could use a CASE object on the maxW of the sourceCollection, as it is possible directly on the maxW of the image.
Or if I could deactivate the calculation per screenwidth-configuration in the sourceCollection..

tt_content.image.20 {

     # set min quality for smallest adaptive image
    minW = 500
    maxW = 500
    maxH = 500
    minH = 500
    maxWInText = 500

    # srcset config
    1.sourceCollection {

        #  sm viewport
        small.width = 500
        smallRetina.width = 500
       small.ignoreImageCols = 1  # <= would be a perfect solution ...

        # md viewport
        md.maxW = 990
        md.srcsetCandidate = 990w

        # lg viewport
        lg.maxW = 2000
        lg.srcsetCandidate = 1199w

    }

Or does anybody know a suitable Hook, to adjust the image configuration, before it gets rendered by the GIFBUILDER?

Thanks a lot,
Christian