[TYPO3-dev] Package Loading Order - Define an Extension to be loaded before another

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu Jul 31 13:35:07 CEST 2014

Hey Caspar.

I don't know about a way to adjust the loading order of extensions in the way you want it, but I did never need that, so I haven't searched much.

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ExtensionArchitecture/DeclarationFile/Index.html
Although nothing states about loading orders, the "contraints" are currently the only way I know to influence loading orders.

Could you please explain what you're trying to do? If you need to e.g. register a hook to be executed before another one (because you want to precede e.g. realURL, or surround it), then you could do it the other way around. Make your extension depend on that other one to ensure you are loaded *after* the first one. When registering that hook, don't just "array_push" your class/method call to that hook array but rebuild that particular hook array entirely. This way you can make sure to have your class/method call placed wherever you want.

I just provided some dirty example. This one wraps two methods as close to realUrl as possible.
http://pastebin.com/VSPiQTWK

Or if you don't care "how far away" you go. Registers one hook at the beginning of the execution order and another one at the end.
http://pastebin.com/6rdEmzDx

Of course there can be other extensions being loaded after yours that can register themselves even earlier in the execution queue, or even later. So you can never rely on being the very first one or the very last one. So you should either double check your setup or just create code that doesn't care.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

----------------------------
netlogix IT-Training Sommerspecial 2014
Buchen Sie eines unserer Aktionsseminare und Sie erhalten ein Apple iPad oder Dell Tablet.
Eine Übersicht finden Sie unter http://it-training.netlogix.de/angebote/training-specials/netlogix-sommerspecial-2014

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt