[TYPO3-dev] Abbreviations in class/file names

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Jul 23 17:05:24 CEST 2014

Hello,

The autoloader of TYPO3 6.2 automatically loads class files from a
specific location if the classes are named correctly.

For example a class like

\MyVendor\MyExtension\Task\RetrieveFileImap

Would get loaded from

typo3conf/ext/my_extension/Classes/Task/RetrieveFileImap.php

This is quite nice but in the example the abbreviation IMAP is spelled
"Imap" which is not really nice. Usually an abbreviation (protocols,
etc.) are all uppercase. Is this somehow handled in the autoloader or
would I simply have to name the file "RetrieveFileImap" ??

I have seen things like "core/Classes/Utility/HttpUtility.php" which is
wrong in my eyes. HTTP should be all uppercase.

greetings,
Bernhard