[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 BE extensions: sub and main modules and registerModule()

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Tue Jul 22 13:55:24 CEST 2014

On 22/07/14 18:14, Philipp Gampe wrote:

>> Could anyone point me in the right direction or provide me with an
>> example how to set this up correctly?
>
> Most easy way: Set up a common shared extension that provides the main
> module entry. After all, both exension must have something in common,
> otherwise you would add them below the same main module.

You mean, introduce a third extension?
How should registerModule() look like in these three extensions then
(it's still not working for me - what do I miss?):

EXT:my_main_module
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::registerModule(
   'SchamsNet.' . $_EXTKEY,
   'main_module',
   NULL,
   NULL,
   array(),
   array(
     'access' => 'user,group',
     'labels' => 'My Main Module'
   )
);

EXT:extension_one
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::registerModule(
   'SchamsNet.' . $_EXTKEY,
   'main_module',
   'extension_one',
   NULL,
   array(),
   array(
     'access' => 'user,group',
     'labels' => 'Extension One'
   )
);

EXT:extension_two
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::registerModule(
   'SchamsNet.' . $_EXTKEY,
   'main_module',
   'extension_two',
   NULL,