[TYPO3-dev] FAL driver: Generate preview images

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Jul 11 10:08:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

We wrote our own FAL driver that uses an HTTP API in the background to
fetch folders and images.

The TYPO3 file list creates preview images of all image files,
including the images accessible through our FAL driver.
It does that by copying the full file into typo3temp and scales it then
to the size it needs.

This approach is inadequate for remote storages since - if every
image/photo has a size of 4MiB, then the file list showing 40 files at
first copies 160MiB from the remote server to typo3temp only to
generate preview images. This takes far too long.

Our HTTP API already provides a way to fetch preview images.

Is there a way to register some kind of custom image preview renderer
so we can utilize to override standard preview image creation?

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-