[TYPO3-dev] news extension seems not active after extension manager activities

Philip Hoheisel philip at hoheisel.me
Wed Jul 9 11:52:21 CEST 2014

I have the "news" extension running and some weird problems while activating or deactivating other extensions.

Frontend:
News list get rendered but without any content. Pagination is shown so there is data about the amount of news without the contents.

Backend:
In List view you can't see any news entries and there is no option to create new news entries.
It seems like news isn't active but the news Icon in Module is still there and in the extension manager its also active.

Then I tried to deactivate the last activated extension and reactivate the news extension. The only solution was to delete all news files from the /ext/news/ and than reinstall the extension from the repository.

When I install another extension there are the same problems again.

A further approach is a small extension including a eID Script which serves news records to another server. The news problem often appears in connection with it.

The eID Extension looks like that:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['eID_include']['extension'] = 'EXT:' . $_EXTKEY . '/class.tx_extension_eid.php';

We also recognized that after each action in extension manager the order of the extensions in PackageStates.php changed. We also tried to set the priority of our own extension which is depended to news to "bottom" but this seems to has also no effect.

Can someone confirm such a behaviour or has a solution for it?