[TYPO3-dev] TCEFORM + sys_file_reference + page media

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 13:19:12 CET 2014

Hi Richard,

> You can overwrite TCA in Typo3 (in a way). Go to Admin tools ->
> configuration -> choose $TCA from dropdown. It writes the result into
> typo3conf/extTables.php. It looks like it isn't as 'smart' as typoscript -
> it brings up the current equivalent PHP expression in an input box and
> writes the whole input box to the file, so make sure when you change the
> value you keep a valid PHP expression.

I always used to write the TCA manually in ext_tables.php. Didn't know
before that the configuration part of admin tools does the same ;) Good
to know...

But: Once a value is written, your're not able to remove it using the
admintool. You have to delete it directly in ext_tables.php...?

Thanks and regards, Jan