[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2 folder permissions

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:49:40 CET 2014

2014/1/14 Franz Holzinger <franz at ttproducts.de>

> Le 14. 01. 14 07:48, Xavier Perseguers a écrit :
>

>  drwxrws---  4 www-data www-data 4096 Jan 13 20:41 fileadmin
>>>

>  But why are the folder rights not set to drwxrwxrwx? I have used this in
>>> former versions of TYPO3 in order to get SFTP for the user working with
>>> a write access to the folders fileadmin and typo3conf.
>>>

>> You should not seek to have 777 for your webfiles. On my servers I'm
>> using dedicated users for each website. This lets php-fpm and sftp work
>> smootly together.
>>

> Hello Xavier,
>
> no, the SFTP does not work. The user is not member of the group www-data
> and the folder rights drwxrws--- of fileadmin do not allow the SFTP user
> called "myuser" to enter that folder. It does not matter if the user
> "myuser" has access to only one or to serveral websites.
>
> - Franz

Hi,

I run in some similar problems when setting up a new 6.2 install on our
managed server at Hetzner. I had to set 775 to the TYPO3 folders (webroot,
typo3conf, typo3temp and fileadmin) so the webserver could access the
files.

Looks like apache and php don't run under the same user/group (do not know
if that is posible).

gr. Frans