[TYPO3-dev] Extension Loading Order (sysext vs. local installed)

Reiner Kempkes reiner.kempkes at nidag.com
Tue Jan 14 18:15:32 CET 2014

Hi Philipp,

Quote: Philipp Gampe (pgampe) wrote on Fri, 10 January 2014 19:35
> > Would'nt it be more logical to set the inclusion order by default to this
>
> We cannot change this without breaking sites.

Yep, i know that.
But it might be possible to change the default order by using a compatibility layer:
--> new Installation: new config (e.g. like my suggestion)
--> update: keep old config to avoid breaking sites

Just my 2 cents, i really don't know which consequences have to be expected when changing this behavior to a new default.
The current behavior is also ok for me, but it was a bit strange to detect the wrong inclusion order due a wrong setting.