[TYPO3-dev] how to save inputs in own BE-Module?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Jan 6 16:09:40 CET 2014

Hi Bernd,

> now I want the user to select some checkboxes where he can select
> multiple options (this is done a little bit unusual bitwise in one
> integer value), but all entries to the checkboxes are lost as far as the
> user starts the BE-module again or just selects another page.
>
> how can I save the userselection for these checkboxes in a TYPO3 way?

This highly depends on your specific use case but of course TYPO3 does
not automagically persist your data. You have a few options:

- Store them in the database using the TYPO3_DB API
- Store them in the database using an Extbase repository
- Store them in "TYPO3_CONF_VARS", a bit like global properties you
define in Extension Manager

For legacy reasons (and also because I did not want to have a single
table record in DB), I'm using the 3rd method in EXT:image_autoresize,
you may have a look at the master branch of the git repository (in order
to have a standard docheader which was added recently).

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member