[TYPO3-dev] Automate Install Tool Updates

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 26 10:25:27 CET 2014

Hi,

On 26-2-2014 9:13, Christian Zenker wrote:
> As far as I can see there is no (core) functionality to execute the
> Update Wizard tasks of the Install Tool from console. It does not seem
> overly complicated to wrap the Update Wizard into a console command, but
> I wanted to ask, if maybe someone has done something similar already?

At various points the Upgrade Wizard steps are interactive. Depending on
the situation of your installation you are given a few options and you
need to use some intelligence to decide what to do here.

Maybe if you have a large number of almost identical installations that
you would have to make exactly the same choices.
For most people a major upgrade is a process which needs a human to
decide what to do.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor