[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 extension to handle payed memberships (FE Users)

Christian Ludwig cl at viazenetti.de
Thu Feb 13 15:25:17 CET 2014

Dear developers,

For Wordpress there are a lot of plugins available to handle paid membership (MagicMembers, s2Member, WishList Member, Membership by WPMUdev, ...). We could not find anything similar in TER for TYPO3, so I want to ask the community if anyone knows or has TYPO3 extensions that come close to our needs of fulfil parts of the requirements. Because it is a commercial project we are willing to pay for the development that was done if needed.

Short description of the project:
We want to include contents (PDFs, pictures, streamed videos) to a TYPO3 website where the user has to pay for viewing them. But it is not a onetime download it should be a kind of expiring membership in fe user groups.

Requirements:
- Payment (at least PayPal, SofortÜberweisung or Wirecard would be great) to register as a member to different frontend user groups.

- Membership of a TYPO3 fe user group should expire automatically after a given period of time. I found some extensions that seems to (FE-User Ticketing System, Membership Expiry)

- Downloads should be protected, what 'Secure Downloads' (naw_securedl) does really well.

- Video streams should come from a cdn like Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3 or Akamai etc. and optional be secured (i. e. by a signed request)

- 'My account' page that is an overview of the memberships (bought content) for the user.

- We don't need a shopping cart, best would be a simple one click to checkout.

Thanks
Christian