[TYPO3-dev] composer install typo3/cms

Christian Opitz christian.opitz at netresearch.de
Mon Feb 10 17:30:43 CET 2014

Hi Philipp,

Am 10.02.2014 16:43, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> I do not know what composer offers, but maybe the can extend their script to
> allow already downloaed composer packages to define addition composer
> repositories to search for dependecies. IMHO this is a quite common use case
> and also the way it is handled with deb and rpm.

Well, they have a statement on this:
https://getcomposer.org/doc/faqs/why-can%27t-composer-load-repositories-recursively.md

As composer attempts to look up and download all packages before it
installs any, I don't see a chance to solve this issue by plugin or
script without burdening the integrator with additional steps. Maybe
it's possible to write a plugin to install on the composer installation
that handles recursive repositories.

Cheers,
Christian