[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2 folder permissions

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Feb 5 11:30:43 CET 2014

Hello

I again ran into a not working TYPO3 due to folder permissions.
I cannot set the permissions of the root page.
The LINUX system automatically sets the user account as the owner of all
folders and files below the Apache root of the domain.

typo3temp has the username as the owner.
typo3temp myusername drwxrws---

So the Apache cannot write into the typo3temp folder. I had deleted the
typo3temp folder and the TYPO3 Install Tool did create the folder in
this way. And this does not work. I have no root account on this server.

I can change that to these rights:

typo3temp myusername drwxrwxrwx

But then the Apache creates the files having myusername as the owner.
TYPO3 then cannot rewrite those files again.

This is an example file which is created inside of typo3temp:
locallang-BE-958ea0b4516a020b54.js myusername -rw-rw----

I need a tool which sets the user and group of the owner of typo3temp to
those of the Apache. I do not have root rights to set this.

This leads to a TYPO3 backend login with no styles. After the login I
only see a nearly empty white page. See the attached image.

- Frnaz