[TYPO3-dev] composer install typo3/cms

Christian Opitz christian.opitz at netresearch.de
Tue Feb 4 15:30:34 CET 2014

Hi,

we've lately been working on a composer TYPO3 installer [1] and thought
it would be great to have a official typo3/cms package at packagist [2].

The usual procedure for that would be, to simply add the (git)
repository to packagist and let composer do the rest. Unfortunately this
probably won't work with the TYPO3 repository as 1. the tag names there
are no valid composer versions and 2. the tags don't contain
composer.json files.

So there are two possibilities to accomplish an packagist package anyway:

1. Add tags in the format, composer expects (v6.1.7 or 6.1.7 or
release-6.1.7) including the composer.json files to the git repository

2. Create a new git repository just for packagist, which contains the
relevant tags and composer.json files

We could then contribute our installers and people could just run
"composer install typo3/cms" to download and install TYPO3.

What do you think? Would one of the ways above be reasonable or do you
have any other idea?

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://packagist.org/packages/netresearch/composer-installers