[TYPO3-dev] Caching issue

Gion Koch gionantoni.koch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:28:48 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

We have two Typo3 Pages running, one on Typo3 4.7.17, the other one on Typo3 6.1.5.
While developing two different extensions with backend modules for each Page, I run into weird caching behaviours in 6.1:

On 4.7 clearing the cache and/or just reloading the backend module was enough to see the changes.
In 6.1 however, I came across problems with the caching. Changing some code parts, i.e. in the controller or fluid template and clearing the cache seems to display a cached version of my code. After 2-5 minutes it works again and displays the changes I've done.
Clearing the cache manually in the filesystem(typo3temp/Cache/*) doesn't solve the problem either. I still get some cached version of my code.

I tried several approaches to disable the cache for extbase, typo3 etc.

It consumes a lot of time, especially when debugging the code or doing smaller changes in the fluid template. In Typo3 4.7 there was no such caching issue.

Any suggestions?

Greetings
Gion