[TYPO3-dev] Checks for extension quality

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Aug 21 22:15:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

In tonight's Documentation Team meeting, we discussed what could be done
to help extension developers catch obvious problems with their
documentation.

Actually it is quite well-documented [1] and maybe it's enough if people
are just pointed to that resource. But maybe - more generally - we could
have a tool which makes some extension quality assessments, some of
which could be related to documentation. It could be done by the TER
(and I opened a ticket to that effect [2], just to start a discussion),
but it could also be a TYPO3 extension or some additional feature of the
Extension Builder, for example.

Here are the points that could be checked relating to documentation:

- no documentation at all
- still using OOo format
- no README.rst or no Documentation/Index.rst
- folder Documentation.tmpl not renamed (from Extension Builder)

Note that we are not planning to develop anything ourselves (we don't
even have enough manpower to maintain the whole official documentation).
I just wanted to raise that idea to see if anyone picks it up.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch