[TYPO3-dev] Parameter in Action does not work for every action

Dirk Ho dirk_studivz at web.de
Tue Aug 19 21:47:09 CEST 2014

Thanks for your fast reponse! It was very helpful to ensure it should
work that way.

I'm not sure if it was because of a wrong phpDoc (@param class path was
not correct) comment (is this considered by extbase, except the
inject,... annotations?) or because I had to clear all caches via the
install tool.

After I did both it worked. Great!

To your question about the sense of extending the Forum::list() method
with a $forum as param: I wanted to set a Category object as param, so
that I can filter the Forums to only show those which belong to the
clicked Category.

Is there any naming convention that says "if list() is called, all
values have to be shown" and I should rename the list() method to
listByCategory or something like that? My book does not give any answer
to that - I'm also missing the hint with the install tool and "Clear all
Caches", which is very important in my eyes.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dirk