[TYPO3-dev] Strange behaviour of directmail 4.0 with TYPO3 6.2.4

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Aug 16 23:18:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 16-8-2014 21:34, André Spindler wrote:
> when using direct mail 4.0 with TYPO3 6.2.4, I have a strange issue here.
>
> But I don't know if this is a bug in the TYPO3 core or in direct_mail:
>
> Direct mail extends tables fe_users, tt_content and tt_address.
> In DB all fields are added correctly. But TCA is only extended for tables
> fe_users and tt_content.
> When opening an address record I could not see the sys_dmail fields.
>
> So I did some research:
> 1. typo3conf/PackageStates.php has both extensions activated and in correct
> order.
> 2. adding some devlog call to both TCA modifications
> (EXT:tt_address/tca.php,
> EXT:direct_mail/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/tt_address.php and /fe_users.php
> as cross check), printing also $_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME'] to identify calls
> belonging to the same http request
> 3. Every update of the devlog output causes execution of the tca.php. But
> neither tt_address.php nor fe_users.php are executed. Does this mean that
> tt_address is initialized, but not extended by direct_mail? Why?

In 6.2 there are two methods supported for defining and extending TCA.

The first method is that the original definition is in
/Configuration/TCA/ and the extensions are in
/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/. These definitions are cached.

The second method is the "old" way using ext_tables.php plus a tca.php
file for the 'dynamic' part. This is not cached.

tt_content is defined in
typo3/sysext/frontend/Configuration/TCA/tt_content.php, so the
extensions should be in EXT:directmail/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/...

fe_users is defined in typo3/sysext/frontend/Configuration/TCA/fe_users.php

I'm not sure how the TCA of tt_address is configured. If it's done in
ext_tables.php the extension of it should use the same technique.

Hope this helps.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor