[TYPO3-dev] addModule/registerModule does not work

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Tue Aug 5 16:52:33 CEST 2014

On 06/08/14 00:14, Bernhard Kraft wrote:

>> Ok - my test extension does not have a controller, so the array() is
>> empty, but this should not matter, if I just want to *list* the
>> module/submodule in the BE (I also tested it with a controller - same
>> behaviour).
>
> Have you inspected the menu output (after clearing all caches). Maybe
> the entry is there but is missing locallang label and icon and therefor
> renders to 0-pixels.

Hi Bernhard - I appreciate your support! Yes, the menu item exists but
the label is not shown:

http://static.schams.net/temp/screenshot0010.png

That's exactly the problem: even if I hard-code a name in, it does not
come up (I cleaned the cache and deleted all files in typo3temp):

\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addModule(
   'AddModule',
   '',
   '',
   '',
   array(
   'labels' => 'foo',
   )
);

Are your two extensions available in TER? So I could compare the files
and config?

Cheers
Michael