[TYPO3-dev] Mapping to Pages from ExtBase Extension

Mark Howells-Mead m.howells-mead at frappant.ch
Wed Apr 23 12:22:35 CEST 2014

Hi there

I've run into a brick wall when trying to map my own extension to "pages". The idea of the extension is to create keywords in a sysfolder, then  apply them to pages using a multiselect field in the page attributes. So far, so good: that works.

The problem I'm encountering is with a plugin in this extension. I want to add a "list" plugin to allow a list of keywords to be displayed on the page, which will link to a second (search results) page, where a separate plugin will be placed to list the associated pages. The "list" plugin means querying the DB for all keywords which have been assigned to one page or more and then displaying them.

If I use exec_SELECTgetRows in a custom findAll() function in my repository class, then the query works fine. However, if I try to switch to using createQuery(), I get "No class name was given to retrieve the Data Map for.", for which there is only one (inconclusive) Google result, and no explanation or solution.

This error occurs even if I just call $query = $this->createQuery(); and also if I omit my custom findAll().

Any tips gratefully welcomed. The (as yet still broken) code is at

https://github.com/permanenttourist/helpers/tree/master/cms/TYPO3/frp_keywords

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mark Howells-Mead