[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2.1: sys_file - multiple 'directory' entries for site root parent folder

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sat Apr 19 00:30:27 CEST 2014

Hi Christian!

On 17.04.14 16:13, Christian Reiter wrote:

> In sys_file I find many entries like this:
>
> These are the ONLY entries for "mime_type = directory"

This is really strange. Never saw soemthing like this.

> This is one step up from the document root and TYPO3 should not care
> about that at all. It would require TYPO3 to chdir up out of its root to
> make sense.
>
> This seems to be new behaviour.
> Is that intended?

For sure not at all.

> What does FAL want to use this path for?

storage 0 is a compatiblity layer to provide backwards compatibility for
extensions or TypoScript.

e.g. if you render an image with a path that does not reside in a
storage you set up (by default only fileadmin/) a storage 0 is created
on the fly.

e.g.

10 = IMAGE
10.file = typo3conf/ext/news/Images/dummy-preview-image.png

This image is not in a regular storage but a FAL file object is needed
to render the image, thus a storage 0 is ctreated on the fly to fit the
needs.

> Ist it normal for the exact same entity to be added multiple times to FAL?

No. Every file must only have one db record. Folders must not have any
records. Anything else is a bug.

Steps to reproduce would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Helmut

--