[TYPO3-dev] install tool - deprecated curl functions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Apr 18 16:27:01 CEST 2014

Hi Robert,

Robert Wildling wrote:

> where the accompanying text says that they are actually deprecated since
> 4.6 and will be removed in 6.2.
> What is the status quo now? Do they work? Are they removed?

They do work and are not removed.

They where introduced with the HttpRequest  (t3lib_http_request) class. I
planned to refactor the GeneralUtility::getUrl method, however some people
complained and it turned out that this functions was so much abused (while
counting on various side effects) that is was almost impossible to refactor
the whole thing.
The whole getUrl methods behavior depends on various settings, environment
(php settings) and parameters given, that any sane replacement will almost
certainly break some backwards compatibility.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!