[TYPO3-dev] custom navigation components - need some pointers

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Apr 15 19:04:39 CEST 2014

Hey folks,

I'm trying to implement a custom navigation component for my extbase
based backend modules using 6.2. I already registered my component,
created the file structure and it's loaded correctly. One thing I
haven't figured out yet though is how I can force it to reload/update
when I switch from one backend module to another (which events do I have
to register to), while both use the same component (but with different
data I have to load).

Could you give me some pointers? I tried digging the core docs, the
source and googled, but I'm a bit lost right now. Thanks.

And I'd appreciate if somebody could give me an example on how to add a
category tree to that nav component (using a custom data provider). I
tried a couple of things but already struggled on how to correctly setup
the ExtJS viewport (I'd like to show the tree inside a tab).

Thanks in advance.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch