[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Sep 17 13:50:22 CEST 2013

Hi!

On 17.09.13 12:12, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

>    From what I now understand the problem is the fact that the web server
> (the Nginx part) catches the 500 status and outputs a special error page
> instead of what PHP sent.

Two problems.
First of all overwriting the HTTP does not work (like it is intended in
the code)
Secondly, yes the 500 status "outputs a special error page instead of
what PHP sent"

> This also explains why the message from TER worked fine on my test TER
> server.

Yes. Both problems seems to not have existed on your side.

> Yes, it's quite ugly that it abuses the status 424 (which is for WebDAV
> to indicate that a requested action failed because it depends on another
> action which failed).

Well, 404 code is also abused. The only code that would fit soehow is
401 (see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/44135), but this still seems to
violate the SOAP protocol, but at least the PHP implementation of it
(500 is sent by intention in case of a SOAP Fault).

> The behaviour of the Nginx server should be changed to not serve that
> document when status 500 occurs.

We have a solution. It is committed and deployed. It robust because it
is independend form webserver configuration. We can easily change the
desired http status header (to anything besides 500).

One can invest more time to make it more pretty.

It would probably worth it, as code 500 is sent for quite some different
server error and a proper error message would be nice to have and in
such cases still a 500 code is sent triggering the webserver to deliver
the default page.

I personally would like to be pragmatic and invest my time in other areas.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel