[TYPO3-dev] FAL: problem with "link" wizard and browse_links.php in TCA

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Fri Sep 6 17:25:12 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,

> You can insert the file link as external link. Anyway, whay do you do with
> the link?
> Do you just render a link on the frontend?

yes, it's rendered as a file link to the PDF. At the time the
developers did not want to use the group / file TCA type because the
linked PDFs were updated (aka overwritten) by editors frequetly. So a
direct link to the fileadmin/user_upload section was more comfy than
the copied versions in uploads/tx_myext/.

But … now of course chosing a file in the popup will fill the file:1234
relation syntax into the input field. So … I'm afraid, my question of
the initial post remains.

The other option would be to use FAL relations and make use of the API
in the Plugin. But… the we would need to convert all the old file path
values to file id strings.

Regards,
Jochen