[TYPO3-dev] FAL: problem with "link" wizard and browse_links.php in TCA

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Tue Sep 3 11:59:43 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

using TYPO3 6.0.8 we have a (fairly aged) extension that has the
following input field (indeed just tca type "input") with a link wizard
configured via TCA (I left out the unimportant parts):

'link' => array (
    // ...
    'config' => array (
        'type' => 'input',
        // ...
        'softref' => 'typolink',
        'wizards' => array(
            // ...
            'link' => array(
                //...
                'type' => 'popup',
                'title' => 'Link',
                'script' => 'browse_links.php?mode=wizard&act=file',
                'params' => array(
                    'blindLinkOptions' => 'page,url,mail,spec,folder',
                ),
            )
        )
    )
),

The field was supposed to contain a link to a PDF file located
somewhere in the fileadmin/user_upload section. Of course, this worked
fine in 4.x versions, after chosing a file in the browse_links popup
the full path was inserted (eg
"fileadmin/user_upload/my_pdf/a_very_nice_file.pdf").

Now, with 6.0.x the browse_links script will insert something like
"file: 5229" into the input field.

My question: Is there any way to configure the TCA to make use of the
old behaviour in this case?

Regards,
Jochen