[TYPO3-dev] Add Model to Extension by External Extension

Bernd Schönbach bs.newsfeeds at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 22 17:31:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

is there a way to add a model to extension_1 by installing extension_2
and not having to modify extension_1?

Example:
I create a blog extension which is great with creating blog entries.

Now I want to attach authors to my blog entries, without touching the
blog extension since I don't need authors in all of my websites.
Is there a way to do this?

As far as I understood I would still need an author model within the
blog extension, although I can map the new model with the persistence
setup in the typoscript. Is that correct or does another way exist to
add this model and the relation?

Thanks
Bernd