[TYPO3-dev] HTML entities in page title instead of correct character

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Oct 17 14:52:24 CEST 2013

Am 17.10.13 10:38, schrieb Steffen Wickham:
> Hey folks,
>
> don't know if it's the correct behaviour for (latest) TYPO3 CMS 4.5 but
> it is the very first time this happens to me:
>
> I'm currently working on a multi language website in english and
> turkish. When I try to localize the turkish page I need to add the
> character "S," to the page title but after saving it, it will get
> transformed to "Ş". No problem at all as it will be displayed
> correctly as title, but gifbuilder and realurl can't handle it properly
> and display the entity code or convert the speakingurl to "350irket"
> instead of "sirket".
>
> As it is the first time I run in troubles with this (spanish special
> chars and german umlaute works perfect), I'm really lost right now. :-/
> Does anybody have a hint for me where to look at?

do you use UTF8?
your database should be clean UTF8 and all stringhandling. so realurl
can convert your special character to a matching ascii character.

and gifbuilder can show this char only if it is coded correctly and
matched in your fontfile, which also must provide more than 8 bit

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html