[TYPO3-dev] fetchUserRecord() - no white space trimming?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Oct 16 11:21:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

Robert Wildling wrote:
> That's a total news flash to me that one could have a whitespaced
> username. Any examples for that?
>
> The TCA - that's, here I didn't look. But the definitions there are
> actually only valid when data is saved. On calling a unsername entry
> from the db, there is no whitespace trimming, right?

No, of course. You may put a whitespaced username into DB, sure! But TCA
tells us a username is not thought to contain whitespaces. As such, from
my point of view the TCA is "how it is supposed to be", no matter what
other parts of the code or way you find to do it otherwise.

This is the reason why, trimming the username upon login form submit
would make sense IMHO, just as converting it to lowercase.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6