[TYPO3-dev] Request from the Editorial Team - Supported Webserver

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat Oct 12 16:15:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> I think typo3.core might be the better place to ask, but IMHO yes, nginx
>> is used by many people and thus should be IMHO declared as officially
>> supported, at least as "compatible".
>
> Eventually, then webserver does not really matter, as long as the PHP SAPI
> matches one of the supported ones (pretty much all as far as I can tell),
> TYPO3 CMS should work without problems.

It matters "a bit" as TYPO3 comes with a few .htaccess which are meant
for Apache and will have to be adapted when using Nginx.

But to echo others, I'm using Nginx as well on my production servers and
only using Apache on my local development environment.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6